Bike experience in Val d' Orcia and tasting lunch
Michele is glad to share with you his passion for bike tours, photography, places of history, nature and cooking.
Year 1400 AC. Gino di Tacco, the sanguinary robber, infests this area and no food can be supplied to the kitchen of the ploughmen: people are starving! The Lord of the land is engaging brave knights to get the food back and save their folks. Some valorous knights ride through Valdorcia territories, crossing secret paths to escape from Ghino's vigilance . Having luck in their task to find all that is needed, they happily go back to the village to feast the mission triumph
Be one of the knights who contribute to feed the village folks and free them from the terrible robber Ghino di Tacco!
Lord of the village, Michele, comes with you to discover Valdorcia, riding on your “wheeled horses “ and also, thanks to a local culinary expert, helps you learn how to cook a typical ancient recipe of his enchanting lands . And as a great final, all the group makes a feast together, raising merry wine glasses, as special guests in Michele‘s home to celebrate the victory of the valorous knights
- Cyclists are appointed as “ Knights on this Quest” in front of the house of His Lordship Michele
- The group, photocamera at hand, discovers, riding on “cycling horses” (their bikes) the amazing landscapes of Valdorcia and in the trip they gather (take images of) wild fruit offered by the earth useful to feed all the village starving population
- A complete course of 28 Km and 700 metres with difference of altitude, and of approximate duration of 2h 30m
- Great banquet feast, all together celebrating the victorious task at Michele’s home
- At Michele’s home a talented local chef teaches to cook his special traditional Tuscany recipes
- At the banquet each one is honored by his Lordship greetings and gets awards for his courage